Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Peter Moore Tones Down MMA Snafu

Yesterday, we told about about UFC President Dana White going crazy on Electronic Arts because of the forthcoming release of an EA Sports mixed martial arts video game. White accused EA of passing on the UFC video game rights and downplaying the sport.

It took EA less than a day to address the hot topic by having no other than EA Sports President Peter Moore commenting on the subject. While revealing he saw the first playable build of EA Sports MMA at Tiburon, Moore said:

I know there has been some recent discussion about EA SPORTS bringing a challenger to this sport. I love mixed martial arts, and we’ve been working on a game concept since I came to EA two years ago. I have great respect for the organizations and individuals that have invested in the sport’s growth over the past decade – so this is one that is near and dear to me and I’m excited to see such good progress to date. I trace my MMA video game roots back to my support of Crave’s UFC title on the Dreamcast in 2000, and have been a fan ever since. Our title will bring both innovation and further authenticity to mixed martial arts, not to mention a strong global publishing network that will help spread the sport’s popularity around the world.

Casting Call for Video Games Addicts Opened&#8206Peter Jackson Proud Of ‘Fiercely Original’ ‘District 9′